The DMaaP Data Router (DR) provisioning API is an HTTPS-based, REST-like API for creating and managing DR feeds and subscriptions, which provides a pub/sub architectural model for the transfer of data.
The DR API also supports AAF CADI authorization.
To use this feature, the API client must provide a valid AAF AppID / MechID with each request. To enable this feature, see the Configuration section.
In future releases, AAF CADI auth will be enabled by default.
Typically, DR pub clients request the provisioning of a new DR feed. Once created, DR sub clients can then subscribe to the feed to receive all data published to that feed.
The DR provisioning API is not meant to be used directly by DR end users (publishers and subscribers) for feed / subscription CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations.
Instead, prospective publishers and subscribers should use the DMaaP Bus Controller API, which will call the DR provisioning API to manage feeds and subscriptions.
See DMaaP Bus Controller API docs for more information:
High level Architecture¶
The following diagram shows the high-level relationship between the system components:
- DMaaP DR architecture uses the Eclipse Jetty server as an application server to service it’s front-end.
- dmaap-dr-prov services all provisioning requests.
- dmaap-dr-node services the publishing of data to feed subscribers.
- DMaaP DR uses MariaDB as it’s storage component for the following:
- DR Provisioning data. (feeds, subscribers, etc.)
- Historical logging data related to feed activity. (Publish, Delivery, etc.)