- The purpose of these requirements is to accelerate adoption of xNF best practices which will increase innovation, minimize customization needed to onboard xNFs as well as reduce implementation complexity, time and cost for all impacted stakeholders.
- The consolidated requirements provide common xNF requirements across the industry in order to drive interoperability, simplify management, and reduce cost to build, deploy and manage xNFs.
- These requirements serve multiple purposes:
- Primarily it provides a detailed list of requirements for xNF providers to meet to be compatible with ONAP; xNF providers will use the xNF requirements to build VNFs/PNFs that are compatible with ONAP
- It can also serve as a list of requirements that service providers can use in RFPs for selecting VNFs/PNFs
- It will also be used as a basis for testing and certification of xNFs for compliance with ONAP; ONAP projects such as the VNF Validation Project will uses these xNFs requirements to build test cases to validate xNFs for compliance with ONAP.